Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Three Years Ago

Three years ago, I was six months into this blogging thing. At that point, I was mostly following blogs of women who blogged while they carried their babies who were not expected to live. I was entering the one year anniversary of a time when something like fifteen of our patients passed away in a three month period of time. Another "favorite" patient was struggling to survive, but I did find hope in those blogs, even though I read as each of them buried their babies....their babies, those children meant something to me, and even three years later, they remain part of me.

Three years ago to the minute of the time I will set this to post, an amazing baby named Poppy Joy entered this world...and left it three hours later. This post will be my third "tribute" to her and her life. I just re-watched the video I posted on her first birthday. It is sad, but it also is a reminder that every life has value, and each moment of her short life was important. To me, just as I wrote in this post, that video wasn't about Poppy Joy dying, it was about her LIVING. Even three years later, she is touching lives...and my life obviously has been forever changed by hers. I can't hear the song played in the video without thinking about Poppy Joy--that is "her" song.

I haven't spoken to her mom in quite some time, but did have a dream the other night with her in it..."random", but not really ;) From her facebook page, it appears that Poppy Joy will have a little brother in the very near future :)

In the post I wrote last year on her second birthday, I mentioned how many blessings, and amazing friendships I have found by having this blog, and reading the blogs of others. I definitely didn't know when I wrote that post how many MORE friends I would have now :) (By the way, I "planted" paperwhites again this year, but they didn't grow nearly as many flowers-sad!)

So, here's to Poppy Joy. Happy third birthday, sweet baby girl.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails