Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tomorrow

Tomorrow my mom's youngest sister will be undergoing surgery for her breast cancer. I bought her a card to send weeks ago, but never sent it. I have only seen her once since her diagnosis and it was only briefly. (I also still haven't written thank-yous from my birthday that was HOW many weeks ago?!) The sad thing is that I don't think I can use the girls as an excuse, because there are plenty of times I just sit around knowing there are things I should be doing...I just don't do them.

So, if you find yourself in prayer tomorrow, I would appreciate them for my aunt, her husband and kids, for my grandparents (especially since one of my mom's other sister's had breast cancer surgery three years ago), and for my mom since this whole diagnosis and helping my aunt figure out what to do has been stressful for her.

Also, tomorrow will mark the fourth year in a row I will be attending a Thanksgiving Retreat. I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it work this year, but I'm so thankful it worked out. Each year, it has brought me exactly what I needed and I have no reason to believe this year will be any different (here is a link to last year's post about it that also contains a link to the previous year).

The teen told me tonight that her friends will not be spending the night after the dance on Saturday. I was really looking forward to hosting a sleepover for her birthday celebration, but it is what it is. I'm not sure if she has other ideas about what she wants to do for her birthday, but I guess will just have to wait and see. So far, I have not heard from her mom regarding birthday OR Thanksgiving plans. I suppose I haven't heard her plans for this weekend either, so I shouldn't be surprised!

Good night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails