Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tired and crabby

I guess I saw that coming, after my last post about how much I was going to be working and anticipating the tiredness.
I didn't, however, anticipate that a patient who has "lived" with us for nearly four years
would lose his battle this weekend.
I think I am still in shock, even though he came close to death SO many times before.
I've been too tired to talk to his parents, or to his sisters who have spent many days with me and my family.
I feel REALLY bad about that.
I have barely shed a tear...that isn't like me at all.

Today I was really crabby at work.
I felt it inside, and am hoping it didn't show.
All of the patients I had today have the odds against them
to make it to age two.

That is my job.
I love my job.
Even though sometimes
my job sucks.





This is not a great picture,
but it was easy to find
(and I wasn't in the mood to search).
He actually was pretty sick here too.
(it was Christmas)
Prayers for his family and friends...I know he is in Heaven and at Peace.
On a better note, my aunt is home after her surgery...still praying for no chemo!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails