Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Has it been THAT long?!

Wow, I can hardly believe it's been that long since I posted. I ACTUALLY had TEN days off for my sister's wedding (I think she took about that many!). I worked two crazy shifts, then was off for another 5 days. I flew to be with my aunt for four days as she prepares for surgery (double masectomy) this coming Monday. She is in good spirits and has some really good friends (and an awesome husband!) who will be there to help her. It is hard that her family all live hundreds of miles away, but great to know that she is not alone. We are all praying that she has a quick recovery with no chemo needed.

So, I'm back at home and in the middle of working 5 out of 6 days (that doesn't sound TOO bad, but it could be considering they are 12-hour shifts). The one day I don't work (Monday), I have a class, an appointment, am working my other job, and have a party to attend. Nice "day off"! Oh well, at least my first two shifts have gone well even though I had to change my patient assignment because no one else was chemo certified. I was pretty bummed not having my cute girls from yesterday, but had a pretty quiet day today so should not complain!

Well, we are still sorting through the thousands of photos from my sister's wedding. So, I thought I could post a few more just so there is "someone" looking at them and they are serving some kind of purpose!

My tallest cousin, my one cousin who is shorter than me, and grandparents.

The happy couple

Just me and my two 13-year old cousins...

I'm older than the two of them put together!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails