Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Monday, April 27, 2009

Tomorrow

"Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?"... What's that, that's not the way that quote goes?! Hmm...sounds good to me!

How many days have I put off doing the "annual report" for my floor's unit council? Well, count this as another one because it definitely did not get done today. Honestly, once I sit down to do it, I imagine it will take less than an hour...I spent WAY more time that that THINKING about doing it. In any case, tomorrow will be my fifth day off in a row and my meeting was canceled. I "promised" my boss it would be turned in before I went back to work on Wednesday, so I suppose tomorrow will HAVE to be the day...no excuses!

In the spirit of Stellan going outpatient today, and my putting off for tomorrow, I decided it would be appropriate to do a little Not Me! Monday post. I actually have only participated in MckMama's "blog carnival" once. That time brought Aunt Nikki to my blog for the first time. It also allowed me to quickly find this post to help Kristy find a recipe for Steel Cut Oats.

If you have been reading the past few days, you know that I most certainly did NOT wash a red blanket with my whites "just because".

I did NOT forget to take my trash out last week so just left the bag open on the kitchen floor to keep filling until trash day came around again.

I did NOT throw two half loaves of bread and a package of bagels out in the backyard and say "birdie eat it"...

I did NOT give myself a wicked paper cut while trying to push away the papers that need to be organized for me to write my annual report.

I have NOT been trying to use the names "Ginger" and "Kristy" in my every day conversations so my family mom will stop freaking out about my "blog friends" (I do have a post in my head about "friends" and what that exactly means that I may or may not share with her.)

I did NOT nearly fall down the stairs yesterday and up the stairs a little bit ago. Nope, my middle name is "Grace" (really, it is not...but, that would have been a cool name!)

I did NOT spend much of today thinking about writing this blog post rather than working on my annual report.

I did NOT almost slip and tell my parents about my impending rendezvous prematurely yesterday (and am not at all nervous about their reaction even though they are probably the only ones who will not be excited for me...I am a grown up, repeat, I am a grown up...and repeat...)

I am NOT contemplating emailing a link of this post to MckMama letting her know I have missed her Not Me! Monday posts so much that I had to do one without her (even though I have only ACTUALLY participated once).

I have NOT not participated in blog carnivals because my heart contemplates SVT just thinking about the possibility of that many people "stopping by" my blog.

Is it a coincidence that I did NOT do all these things around the MONDAY that Stellan was released from the hospital...I definitely, think NOT.

I did NOT start this nearly four hours ago...

I am NOT wondering if I will remember how to do my job when I go back on Wednesday after having five days off.

It has been cloudy and/or rainy for the past three days. So, maybe the sun actually will come out tomorrow...and I actually WILL write my annual report (and maybe even continue clearing the clutter in my living room/kitchen)

Well, it most definitely IS time to end this post and either watch my DVR of Medium, continue reading the book I started last night, or go to bed.

Good night!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails