Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Back to Reality

Yep, back to reality...I am not a stay at home, um...I'm not a stay at home, hmm...blog reader?!

Yeah, definitely thinking I probably should get back to doing something that pays the bills (and fund my shopping sprees, vacations, and occasional gambling outings...). It's been so long since I have been at the hospital (this was my seventh day at home!) that I almost forgot that I have a job there. Right...I am a NURSE...hopefully I will remember how to do that kind of thing when I get there tomorrow. Today I did a load of laundry without putting in detergent and accidentally put garlic in my smoothie since I was making hummus at the same time...so, MAYBE I should have someone else check my work every once in a while :o) I took a shower tonight and we are having a pot luck, so I am thinking I could roll out of bed at 6:15 and make it there on time :o)

Today is the last day of April, meaning it is the last day of National Donate Life Month. Just a reminder to tell your loved ones that you would like to be an organ donor...and sign up in your state. Donate Life America has information on how to do that for each State.

Tomorrow is the beginning of May. Have I mentioned how excited I am about May?! I am thinking there are going to be LOTS of fun things to write about in May (and bunches of pictures to share I am sure...maybe I will even get some photography tips in May so my posted pictures will be better than my usual "snapshots"!) I am thinking about adding some songs to my play list and likely will change my background even though I do enjoy those flowers that sort of match the flowers on my header that I love (created at Blogs for a Cause...haven't mentioned that in a while!) Well, I love except I wore that outfit in my picture yesterday and am wondering about that cleavage...too bad that was the best self-portrait I knew how to do!

Anyway, I am babbling even more than usual. I probably should try and head to bed early tonight, but am not really tired...I thought maybe walking to the grocery store, making stuff for my pot luck, and a shower would help, but not really...

Hopefully there won't be any "not mes" to report from my first day back at work...I filled three posts with them this week...that is NOT good!

Good night!

1 comment:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Thinking of you this morning and hoping your weekend is a good one Amanda.:)

Love and Hugs, Laurie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails