Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Monday, April 6, 2009

Acceptance "Speech"

Sweet Nikki has given me another "Blogger Award". I will admit that I don't fully understand the whole "Blog Award Thing", but I definitely appreciate the thought (especially since today when she honored me with the award, she described me as "one of the most supportive, warm hearted, and loving person I have ever known"...aww, how sweet is that?!). The last time she honored me with awards, they never actually made it onto my page, but this time I made sure it did (even though I am not quite sure "Kreativ Blogger" quite fits "Me", she does, and of COURSE it would be rude not to accept such an award!)

My Award :o)

That being said, though, I'm feeling a little rebellious and not quite up to following all of the "rules" that this award came with.

The first "rule" was to link back to the person I received the award from. Okay, so I DID follow that one, and will again...Thanks Nikki!

The second "rule" is to list 7 things you love. I actually had quite a fantastic day off, so think I will list 7 things I loved about TODAY.
  1. Not rolling out of bed until 10:00.
  2. Getting compliments on my new hair cut when I went to Curves.
  3. Chilling on the couch eating Reese's Puffs and drinking coffee for breakfast at noon. (Although, sorry to say Kristy, I do not really love Wild Mountain Blueberry Green Mountain Coffee and am kind of glad it is almost gone.)
  4. Eating chips and salsa (chips I bought from Chrissy and salsa I made myself made this extra enjoyable today!)
  5. Hanging out with my friend from Curves and playing "board games"--Sequence, Yahtzee, Skip-Bo, and Disney Trivia--since it was too cold to walk. Her mom left last week, so it was nice to be able to help with the lonliness for a few hours...both of us are really competitive so it definitely made for a really fun time :o)
  6. Having pizza delivered and introducing my friend to Woodchuck.
  7. Watching "Medium"...I LOVE that show!
  8. Okay, since I'm already planning on breaking "the rules", I will continue on...I love that I have such awesome "blog friends".
  9. My fantasy baseball team is off to a good start...and those "boys" were making fun of me and my partner yesterday since we are the only females in the league...they better watch out! My dad called me to let me know how my players were doing which is really cool...he is excited for us too! I love baseball!
  10. I love that now I am reminded each and every day about how truly blessed I am thanks to all the fabulous people God has placed in my life.
Okay, that's probably good enough :o) I definitely loved a lot of things today (this is the "short list"!)...SO great!

Now, the third "rule" is to pick seven people to give this award to...I hate to be a "party pooper", but guess I'm not quite ready to jump into the award giving part of "blogging". For now, just know that if I read your blog, you are really special to me :o)

One thing I realized that I do NOT love is freaking out whenever I check my "site meter" and someone within a 600 mile radius of where I live has "stopped by". I know that all of you told me you believe my blog to be free of anything illegal, but I am not sure how long it will take for my anxiety about this to subside. (Of course, I wouldn't have ANYTHING to worry about if I didn't check my "site meter", but that's an entirely different issue!)

Now, I am not a photographer even though I do take lots of pictures. My sister's friends had been asking for "belly pictures" on facebook. Her camera is broken and she doesn't know how to post photos, so I took some when I was at her house on Saturday. I "borrowed" this pose idea from one or more of the blogs I have read, and don't think I did THAT bad of a job :o) I think she is about 26 weeks and my nephew is growing well.


Well, tomorrow afternoon I have to go to work so one of the other nurses can watch her son's soccer game. So, I suppose I should think about going to bed soon.

And, since I feel a little badly about not following the rules, I will give another shout out to Nikki :o) Thanks again!



P.S. Laurie in Ca. I'm really sorry that I did not do a very good job helping with the linking and adding buttons to your blog. If you haven't gotten help as of "press time", I will definitely help you tomorrow or later this week :o)

2 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hey Amanda,

Congratulations on your award and yes, you deserve it!:) You helped me more than you will know on posting buttons and stuff. Between you and Pam and her husband, I now have two buttons on my blog. I am so happy. I can't believe how willing all of you are to teach me over the distance how to do stuff here. Pam is in Canada and you are somewhere, who knows where:), but far away from me. I hope you are enjoying your days off and getting lots of rest and fun. Love you girl. Thanks so much again.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Alicia said...

Hi! I hopped over from Aunt of 14. Just wanted to say I love your playlist...so much that I had to make me one lol!

Have a great week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails