Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Honeymoon

Tomorrow is my last day with the girls before I go back to work. It definitely feels like a "honeymoon" which is funny since my last post was "Wedding Weekend"...ha! So far, things are going pretty well/very well, and I'm trying not to think like this is the "honeymoon" and things will get harder, but it's hard to believe there won't be challenges.

The visitation agency called and apologized to me (and apparently to the mom as well) for the mis-communication/no communication. So, I feel better about that and passed the apology on to the caseworker and to the older girl (M) so she can let her mom know too. We now have a visit schedule and I just need to figure out if it is better for me to have someone else watch them on those days or if those are the days I should be off work. Kind of a tough call. I'm planning to have my sister watch them, so it would be a shorter day if she had them while I worked on visit days. I guess I'll have to see what she thinks.

Today, we went to the park with my sister and nephew. The little one (L) likes him and says his name SO cute! She asked for her own picture of him and carried it around this evening...adorable!

Yesterday, we went swimming and are planning to go back to the zoo tomorrow. I've been trying to get M to do things with her friend, but she hasn't since Friday. Today I "made" her play Skip-Bo with me and it looked like I was torturing the poor girl, but then she wanted to play a second game and took it with her to her visit. I guess she's a "normal" 15-year-old...half the time she won't speak to me and then randomly she'll say a bunch of stuff. She loves to sing, so I've been encouraging that and she's been able to use her MP3 player and my netbook to play music/sing. She is a big help and does the dishes after pretty much every meal. She has been letting me do more things with L, but I still need to work on getting them each their "alone time" (I suppose it's been less than 2 weeks and trust takes time!)

They came with me to my 9:30 softball game. L talked to my aunt and cousin and M listened to music, but did pay attention to some of the game since she said we played better this week than last week (definitely true, although we still lost!)

Well, I need to shower before going to bed and it's already pretty late. I'm going to have a really tough time getting up for work on Thursday after all this staying up late/sleeping in business!

It may be the honeymoon, but "honeymoons" can last for a long time, right?!

On a different note, Gitz has a weekly post called "Gitz Bits" and today one of the pictures in her post was about me...awesome! I feel so cool...ha! :) If you've never read her blog, it is terrific. She has an amazing attitude and chooses to seek joy even in the midst of pain and being home bound. I find myself thinking about her when I do things like sit on the front porch or go to church, things that she will likely never be able to do again. I love that she included me in her post this week (I "may" be a little star struck...I do call myself a Gitzen Girl Groupie...ha!)

Okay, time for bed.
Good night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails