Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. ~Stephen Grellet

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The "C" word

My aunt called...she was making "the phone calls" and my mom happened to be at my house. So, I received the next phone call. During the past week, she has had two mammograms and a biopsy. Today she was told it is malignant. Tomorrow she meets with the surgeon. Hopefully they will have a treatment plan after that meeting. The initial pathology report looks like Stage 1. Luckily she works with a lot of pathologists and is feeling blessed about that. My sister is getting married in 10 days. She still hopes to travel here for that. My four years away from home at college were just minutes from where she and her family lived. She became my second mom, sometimes the "first mom". She is the one I call when I can't talk to my mom. She will be a survivor.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails